Covid – 19 Safety Guidelines
We are a WSA accredited Surf & SUP School. The Long Line Team are extremely talented and experienced watermen who have their RLSS NVBLQ (Beach lifeguard Certificate) and WSA Surf & SUP qualifications. We will be abiding by Covid Care Scheme provided by WSA and changes will be made as time goes on.
These precautions will be in place until 30th June. Measures will be revised then and updated if needed.
All lessons will be available to book online. If you have any questions please contact us.
Long Line Covid-19 Safety Procedures
- Instructors will ensure board briefing is set up with distancing. Boards will be handled by staff whilst wearing PPE equipment in order to stop contamination.
- Our beach demonstration will be set up with wind direction taken into consideration
- Instructors will manage groups in water and maintain social distancing. Tuition will be adapted to make sure that you are taught to the highest standards whilst providing self rescue advice so you may continue to enjoy the sport after your lesson.
- Clients will be instructed how to carry their own equipment to the shoreline.
- Our maximum group size until further notice will be 8 people per group.
- Due to the importance of keeping social distance our minimum age is 8yrs for surfing and 16yrs for SUP unless accompanied by a guardian in which case the minimum age for SUP is 12yrs.
- Wetsuit Rotation: We have always prided ourselves in the quality of equipment we provide and this has not changed. We have and will always sterilise our wetsuits after each use. This will be done with Milton Sterilising fluid. Our new protocol will be even more extensive. Once the wetsuit has been washed it will be stored for 72 hours before being brought back into rotation. A recorded system will be in place for this.
- For the foreseeable future we have changed to a Mobile Operation where there will be no toilets or changing rooms. This will be the same with all outdoor companies practising correct safety guidelines.
- Additional forms will be present during registration. This will be a customer tracking form to help with tracing under government guidelines.
How can we as a customer make sure to help keep ourselves and the team at Long Line safe?
- Online booking is essential. Cash will not be accepted
- Please drive in separate cars unless with people from your household
- Please do not arrive to surf school if you have had a temperature in the past 14 days.
- Upon arrival please keep distance while registering for lessons. Spaces will be marked out.
- Equipment: If you have your own please bring and this can be assessed by our team upon arrival to make sure that it will be appropriate for the length of time you will be in the water. When purchasing your lessons please make sure to include your height, waist and chest size in additional notes so we can be as prepared as possible upon your arrival.
- Water confidence is essential during these times as we will be trying to keep our team as safe as possible as well. We love to help people push their limits and overcome their fears but with restrictions in place we must urge you that our team will not be allowed within your social distance area. We will make sure all lessons will take place in a safe environment with this in consideration.
The location of our activities is what makes a Long Line Experience unique and special on the Causeway Coast. It just so happens that it also allows us to practice Covid 19 Safety Guidelines with very little disruption and can make you feel at ease when we are out and about.
Benone Beach has car park facilities at beach entrance as well as being able to drive onto the beach. With 7 miles of sand we will conduct our lessons with a safe area where everyone will be able to conduct social distancing between each other. (Please be aware of soft sand. Drive on the beach at your own risk. Benone Complex car park is open and can be used)
Surf School Cabin will only be used by our team for equipment storage. Lesson registration will take place on the beach.
Swanns Bridge Glamping at the River Roe has private car park and river access. The River Roe is sheltered and quiet which will provide a personal but also safe environment keeping social distance and safety paramount.
*There are no public shower facilities available at Benone or Swanns Bridge during this time