We are excited to announce that we have partnered up with Jah Shaka Surf Camp in Lagos, Portugal. We are now offering a Green Wave Riders Camp this November. This is a great camp to start your surf trip bucket list. So here is what you need to know:
What skill level do I need to be at?
- You can pop up to your feet with confidence
- You are ready to get past the white water and try surf green (unbroken) waves. Not big waves but waves you feel comfortable in
- You have caught an unbroken wave before, not all the time but you have tried
- You are starting to turn across the wave and not just straight to the beach
- Can paddle into your own waves without being pushed.
This is not an advanced course and is just here to help you progress to the next level. Remember you can come surf at Long Line Surf School at Benone or Portstewart first to gather these skills needed before going and having the best holiday ever!
What are the waves like in Lagos, Portugal
During the month of November in Lagos the winds will have dropped and the surf will be pumping with endless waves and empty beaches. Your surf coach will be taking you to the best surf spots to suit your needs and that means you will get the full surf trip experience. If the surf is going to be sick at sunrise then sunrise you shall go and if the surf is better around the next cove then the next cove you shall surf. This gives you the opportunity to surf consistent perfect waves and follow the swell as it comes into the south coast of Portugal !
What happens in the week?
You will have a dedicated surf coach with over 10 years experience who has created a surf programme to help with progression. This is not an advanced course and it is very relaxed. You will be given the opportunity to surf fun sized waves and will not be pushed to surf waves that you feel you are not ready for.
There will be plenty of 1:2:1 tuition through out the week and the maximum group size will be 8 which gives you plenty of coaching time and also will fill the line up.
By the end of the week you will feel comfortable to go surfing on your own and start to plan you own surf trip where ever that may be but once you go to Portugal you will never want try anywhere else.
What do I learn exactly when I go to this camp?
- We will start to move you from Soft-boards to surfing a proper hard board
- Paddling out back and surfing green waves
- Work on your position when on the surfboard and the best paddle technique to get you into waves
- Trimming along the face of waves
- Start to learn the basic turns such as bottom and top turns
- Learn about the ocean and how to stay safe and also surf forecasting so you will know where to find waves once you are ready to venture on your own.
What dates are the camp?
29th October – 5th November 2016
How much is the course and what is included?
399 Euros per person ( This is a bargain by the way)
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 breakfasts to keep you going for your first surf of the day
- 5 full days surfing
- 10 lessons with your personal coach
- 5 surf lunches for your break in between sessions
- Transfers to all beaches
- Board and wetsuit hire so you don’t have to bring any of that with you !
- Full use of the surf lodge !!
This does not include flights but if you book in advance there are some amazing offers to fly into Faro!