by Outdoor NI for a style of service and our work with teaching people how to surf
“The feeling of standing at Gortmore Viewing Point and looking down on those long line of waves rolling through onto the shores of Benone. Long Line is an expression of excitement, journeys and the appreciation of nature which gives people an incredible lifestyle”
If you are new to the sport of surfing, have never had the privilege of riding waves, have tried before but…
It is always good to have a starting point when planning a trip and of course the Surfing and Stand…
Flow with nature through an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP). We are one of only…
The Season is starting again. Caravan sites are opening the beaches are getting busy and people are cleaning the dust…Continue Reading →
At Long Line we want to help create memories! Memories are created through experiences and not only do we want…Continue Reading →
On the 23rd March Long Line Surf School held the second annual Big Blue Softboard Contest. We set up this…Continue Reading →
ASI Level 1 Surf Coach ASI Level 2 SUP Coach RLSS Lifeguard Previous Irish Junior Longboard Champion Dan, at the…
ASI Level 1 SUP Coach RLSS Lifeguard Ciara is a close cousin to the twins who originates from Holywood but…
Lucy is another younger cousin of the twins who excels in many sports including water skiing, ladies football and rugby;…
Thanks so much Dan for such a great surf lesson while we were on our hols. The boys had a blast and so did their mum. It’s safe to say we will all be crashing some waves for some time to come #gotthesurfingbug. Till next time Karen McCrystal
MAHOOSIVE thanks to all the staff at Long Line Surf School, Harlequin Hoop Dance and Blokart Fun for making our beach fun day yesterday so enjoyable! Thanks also to Crusoe’s Coffee Shop for delivering a very delicious and much needed lunch; Our Young Ambassadors had a great time!” Mencap Youth Team
A long story shortened...
Long Line Surf School and Water Trails provides lessons to teach the skills and techniques of surfing and stand up paddleboarding (SUP). The knowledge does not stop there as the passion for the local area and the sports that mould our lives appear in our lessons and we love to share our experiences with everyone.
Long Line is filled with family and friends. Surfers and Stand up Paddleboarders who all started their careers learning on Benone Beach. With years of experience and knowledge of the local area, its waterways and ocean, you will not find a team of more passionate and highly qualified individuals who love what they do and enjoy sharing it with others.
Safety is a very important part of all that we do and is something that we never overlook. We want to provide the best experience possible by having these key factors included:
• Qualified Instructors
• Risk Assessments
• CRB checks
• Emergency Action Plans
We are an ASI Accredited Surf School and abide by the high international standards for surf school operations. ASI (Academy of Surfing Instructors) is the worlds leading organisation for surf and paddle education and accreditation. As an ASI accredited school Long Line has demonstrated we meet the high ASI worldwide accreditation standards for delivering lessons, safety, equipment and service.
Accredited schools are audited annually to ensure they maintain their high standards.
Our surfers are transformed...
When it comes to choosing the right service there is a lot to consider and why would you choose us? Well let us give you a few points:
• Accredited Surf and Stand Up Paddle School by ASI for our world safety standards. This is more than a national or local governing body saying that we are safe.
• All our coaches are fully qualified Lifeguards plus surf and/or SUP instructors.
• We are not Portrush…… we are Benone! We are proud to be a small surfing community which is part of Binevenaghs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and any service we provide will always be within this AONB area.
• All our surfing services are available to everyone with special provisions in place for those with disabilities and custom made surfboards for specific additional needs.
• Benone is awesome!! It is one of the longest Beaches in Ireland and the River Roe is overlooked by the Binevenagh Mountain Range. The views from everywhere on the river we believe are world-class!!
• Super friendly team who are there to teach but more importantly are here to listen to your questions and help you get an insight into the lifestyle and how to become part of it. Come chill out at the Long Line Cabin and be part of the culture.