by Outdoor NI for a style of service and our work with teaching people how to surf
“The feeling of standing at Gortmore Viewing Point and looking down on those long line of waves rolling through onto the shores of Benone. Long Line is an expression of excitement, journeys and the appreciation of nature which gives people an incredible lifestyle”
Beginner Surf Lessons If you are new to the sport of surfing, have never had the privilege of riding…
Giant Adventures Surf Session This takes the adventure to a completely different level where Giant Adventures becomes an adrenaline pumping activity and…
Beginner Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) Lesson Flow with nature through an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty through Stand Up…
We are excited to announce that we have partnered up with Jah Shaka Surf Camp in Lagos, Portugal. We are…Continue Reading →
On Tuesday 5th April 2016 Eunan and I (Dan) decided to do a beach clean. We wanted to see how…Continue Reading →
With Easter Holidays having already started or about to start in the next few days we feel that it is…Continue Reading →
WSA Surf and SUP Coach WSA Trainer for Northern Ireland RLSS Lifeguard Previous Irish Junior Longboard Champion Northern IReland Representative for…
WSA Surf Instructor RLSS Lifeguard 2014 Causeway Surf Festival Woman Champion Carla is our female head coach at Long Line…
WSA qualified Surf Instructor RLSS lifeguard Previous British Junior Archery Champion Lead singer of up and coming band in the…
Just back from a week at Benone. Our three kids aged 12, 13 & 15 took part in the camp and had an absolute ball for the second year running. Can't recommend this kids camp highly enough. Fabulous instructors and great value all round. Thanks for a fabulous week. Breege Ward
Just home from a wonderful weekend based at Downhill Beach House with Dan & all at Longline Surf School. Everything was superb, the accommodation, the food, the surf lessons & the company - an absolutely first class service - wouldn't hesitate to recommend!! Fantastic Jordanstown 1st Girls Guide
Surfing is for Silver Surfers too smile emoticon I was bought a lesson by my daughter and we had a fantastic time age range from 17 to early 50s Age is no barrier go and have fun Theresa Earley
A long story shortened...
Long Line Surf School and Water Trails provides lessons to teach the skills and techniques of surfing and stand up paddleboarding (SUP). The knowledge does not stop there as the passion for the local area and the sports that mould our lives appear in our lessons and we love to share our experiences with everyone.
Long Line is filled with family and friends. Surfers and Stand up Paddleboarders who all started their careers learning on Benone Beach. With years of experience and knowledge of the local area, its waterways and ocean, you will not find a team of more passionate and highly qualified individuals who love what they do and enjoy sharing it with others.
Safety is a very important part of all that we do and is something that we never overlook. We want to provide the best experience possible by having these key factors included:
• Qualified Instructors
• Risk Assessments
• CRB checks
• Emergency Action Plans
We are a WSA Accredited Surf School and abide by the high international standards for surf school operations. WSA (Water Skills Academy) is a leading organisation for surf and paddle education and accreditation. As a WSA accredited school Long Line has demonstrated we meet the high WSA accreditation standards for delivering lessons, safety, equipment and service.
Accredited schools are audited annually to ensure they maintain their high standards.
Our surfers are transformed...
When it comes to choosing the right service there is a lot to consider and why would you choose us? Well let us give you a few points:
• Accredited Surf and Stand Up Paddle School by WSA for our world safety standards.
• All our coaches are fully qualified Lifeguards plus surf and/or SUP instructors.
• We are not Portrush…… we are firstly Benone but we are also Portstewart! We are proud to be a small surfing community which is part of Binevenaghs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and any service we provide will always be within this AONB area.
• All our surfing services are available to everyone with special provisions in place for those with disabilities and custom made surfboards for specific additional needs.
• Benone and Portstewart and both awesome!! Benone is one of the longest Beaches in Ireland, Portstewart is an incredible small seaside town and the beach has the great support from the National Trust. The River Roe is overlooked by the Binevenagh Mountain Range. The views from everywhere on the river we believe are world-class!!
• Super friendly team who are there to teach but more importantly are here to listen to your questions and help you get an insight into the lifestyle and how to become part of it. Come chill out at the Long Line Cabin in Benone or the surf van at Portstewart and be part of the culture.