Long Line Surf School was established in 2012. We provide lessons and experiences which teach the skills and techniques of surfing and stand up paddleboarding (SUP) within the Binevenagh Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.The knowledge does not stop there as the passion for the local area and the sports that mold our lives appear in our lessons which we love to share with everyone.
Long Line is filled with family and friends. Surfers and Stand up Paddleboarders who all started their careers learning on Benone Beach. With years of experience and knowledge of the local area, its waterways and ocean, you will not find a team of more passionate and highly qualified individuals who love what they do and enjoy sharing it with others.
Safety is a very important part of all that we do and is something that we never overlook. We want to provide the best experience possible by having these key factors included:
• Qualified Instructors
• Risk Assessments
• CRB checks
• Emergency Action Plans
We are a WSA Accredited Surf School and abide by the high international standards for surf school operations. WSA (Water Skills Academy) is a leading organisation for surf and paddle education and accreditation. As a WSA accredited school Long Line has demonstrated we meet the high WSA accreditation standards for delivering lessons, safety, equipment and service.
Accredited schools are audited annually to ensure they maintain their high standards.
Where are we?
All Surf activities operate from Benone Strand. This 7 mile stretch of sand will allow you to experience catching waves at one of Ireland’s longest beaches while taking in the panoramic views the Causeway Coast.
All Stand Up Paddleboard activities take place at Swanns Bridge Glamping on the River Roe. This winding river allows us to teach in a safe environment which also provides you with a natural journey at the foot of The Binevengh Mountain Range.
When it comes to choosing the right surf lesson in Northern Ireland there is a lot to consider and why would you choose us? Well let us give you a few points:
• Accredited Surf and Stand Up Paddle School by WSA for our world safety standards.
• All our coaches are fully qualified Lifeguards plus surf and/or SUP instructors.
• Long Line Surf School provides surf lessons near Portrush…… we are in Benone ! We are proud to be a small surfing community which is part of Binevenaghs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and any service we provide will always be within this AONB area.
• All our surf lessons are available to everyone with special provisions in place for those with disabilities and custom made surfboards for specific additional needs.
• Benone is one of the longest Beaches in Ireland. The River Roe is overlooked by the Binevenagh Mountain Range. The views from everywhere on the river we believe are world-class!!
• Super friendly team who are there to teach but more importantly are here to listen to your questions and help you get an insight into the lifestyle and how to become part of it. Come chill out at the Long Line Cabin in Benone.